| TITLE: Coordinator, Protocol
REPORTS TO: Director of Golf
LOCATION: Red Deer, AB
CONTRACT TERM: 6-8 months
SALARY LEVEL: $22,000 – $30,000/ 6-8month, commensurate on education and experience
Position Concept: The Tournament and Hospitality Coordinator will work with the Director of Golf and manage tournament operations, marketing, promotion, course set-up, rules officiating, scorecards and hole sheets, committee liaison, starting and scoring, groupings and starting times, volunteer recruitment and training, press releases, reporting summary event wrap up. The TD will work with all the RB leagues to coordinate scheduling, wind-ups, and functions of the leagues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Specific Responsibilities – include but are not limited to:
- Develop annual tournament schedule
- Develop and maintain database of committee members, outside groups, and contacts
- Create and implement marketing and promotional strategies
- Compile reports, budgets, projections and revise procedures as needed
- Develop a list of required resources including personnel, supplies, signage, rental equipment etc.
- Monitor revenue and expenses to ensure budget goals are met
- Develop, update and maintain “Event Book” detailing, tasks, timelines, responsibilities, contacts and historical record
- Act as point person on all tournament related issues including; marketing, contracts, event administration and resource management
- Attend committee planning meetings
- Develop and train volunteer team
- Responsible for starting and scoring administration
- Coordinate personnel and volunteers to work event
- Responsible for signage on site and assists in set up of same
- Supervises day-to-day operations of events
- Responsible for coordinating “team” meetings to prepare for events and activities related to each event
- Works with Golf Course Superintendent and Head Professional to ensure that the golf course is in tournament condition
- Coordinate course set up with Superintendent including tee markers hole locations, rough height, green speed, special contests etc.
- Coordinate food and beverage and set up requests with Food & Beverage Manager
- Coordinate tee gifts, prizes, and certificates with Merchandise Manager
Experience, Skills & Traits
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the hospitality industry, sports administration, event management, food, and beverage or other related experience would be an asset. A combined equivalent of education and experience may be considered
- Up-to-date with hospitality trends and best practices
- Experienced computer user including; Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficient in other applications, i.e. Email, Internet. Will be trained in Tournament Software (Impact Scoring)
- Experienced in tournament operations and Rules of Golf
- Calligraphy skills a plus to enable the creation of signage, score sheets, etc.
- Experienced in public relations and public speaking
- Experienced in written and oral business communications
- Experienced in personnel management and volunteer coordination
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated with desire to promote and market
- Service and customer focused attitude
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all constituencies
- Maintain and promote a positive professional image within the community
- Maintain a credible golf game
- Remain up to date on customer relations management, marketing, and business trends
Salary & Benefits
- Commission, clothing package, education allowance and meals allowance.
Additional Revenue Opportunities Available
Please apply with cover letter and resume to Todd Fiske – Director of Golf at River Bend Golf and Recreation.
Phone: (403- 318-1096) Email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Feb 1sth. Start date is March 15th, 2018 (negotiable by the applicant if this date needs to be later).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Director of Golf
River Bend Golf and Recreation Area
403-343-6341 Ext 350